View Single Post
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Moscow/Berlin
Funny to read a lot of rubbish about me and my articles. Glad to see that at least some of people could think by yourself and make conclusions.

Trying to clarify some things.

First of all, I'm not using expirience from 3hd parties apps to make conclusions about stability of devices, that's stupid and Nokia/Maemo couldnt be in charge of that codes.

Second thing which you have take to account. No one is provide review nowadays and no one except some Nokia/Maemo stuff, have units like me. Welcome in real world. The same situation with many others products (not only Nokia). And I dont care how jealous people could be, sometimes like here. I hear a lot of cryes in a style:
- he havent anything
- he have not a final things
- his things is not working properly etc

Unfortunately for someone, my connection in this industry much higher than anyone here could have and I working with all companies (vendors/operators) on the market (except a few, frankly speaking).

Next big thing. A very few of you see in review of Maemo5 (how you read it? through Google Translator? haha) the main topic. I'm not discussed unstability in any way, just mention it. I disscused limitation of platform which we faced today (no EQ, no MMS, no many others things). Thats not a good thing for power user which will come from S60 platform. And if they will buy device without knowing possible limitation they will said a lot of rude words against Maemo/Nokia etc. And I call that kind of things a very bad PR. Nowadays a lot of enthusiasts of Maemo trying to push OS to the market. Good, but not a smart move. OS is not ready for mass market, is not ready even for mass market itself.

Guys from Maemo team see that the last stable FW with moderate usage (online services, WiFi, contact lists etc) generate one crash per day (under crash i Mean reboot of device). If you will use some software for checking memory leakage, you will see a lot of interesting details about standard apps. Etc

Next things. When I write first preview (actually it was made in June), I didnt care about fw/stability and other things. Because it was a long way to market and things have to be changed dramatically. But it isnt happens nowadays. Now, device is producing with such software which we have now. With some limitations in quantities, market availability, but in any way. That's production cycle which started. And on several devices I have on the same pattern of usage the same mistakes in software part. The hardware is great and will be on market for 2-3 years. But GSM part is a little bit problematic now (3G networks), software glitches are obvious. Check bug list for Maemo5 or ask how many details it consists. You will be astonished. But I dont believe that anyone from nokia will be discussed this topic open minded and frankly.

In any case, you keen about Maemo5/RX51 - so I am. But the only huge difference between us, that I see potential of platform, not current state of development. And my expirience tell me that this device with such SW wont get a very positive feedback from mass market (for you and other fans of Maemo or previous devices, is pretty ok). But sometimes people prefer to be blind and deaf. Who cares? We will see what will happens in 6-7 weeks. So enjoy before that time you feelings. They will be different from mass market feedback.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to eldarmurtazin For This Useful Post: