View Single Post

That was so tacky. Rude as hell. So new users that find this site formidable are idiots and *****s?! They don't need a cellphone?! This is classic apathetic behavior, and that's the stigma around here from the word around the Symbian community that coud easily be fixed with a little empathy and manners. We can read, you know? I'm sure you probably meant it in jest, but it isn't funny if you're the one referred to. I fight for the little guy everyday, and i don't like the elite attitudes that flow around here.

I'm sorry that you thought that was an elite attitude. I consider it a realistic attitude. We live in an age where information is more available than at any other time in the history of mankind. All it takes is the exertion of a small amount of effort to LOOK for it, this can be as simple as typing 1-5 words into a search bar. The growing trend, however, is to not even bother exerting THAT amount of work and simply starting a new thread asking a question that has been asked and answered many times before, people want things handed to them on a silver platter. That clutters up the boards and pushes threads of more importance out.

So excuse me if I have no tolerance for that. I grew up in an age where information had to be worked for. Google.com was something I would have KILLED for. I don't think we are doing ourselves, nor the new thread posters any favours by pandering to their every whim. As you say "We can read, you know" I suggest they start by reading the results of a simple search.

Edit: I am a new user and I managed just fine when I got here, does that make me smarter than others? or does it mean they were just less inclined to put in any effort to figure it out?

Last edited by Bratag; 2009-09-28 at 15:10.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post: