View Single Post
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Chris,

Look under our usernames. If it says Moderator, then we're Moderators. If you click on our username, the option to PM us is there (and, imho, what you just posted should have been a PM to me).

As for emails, well they're not so hard to find. Seriously, Google my last name.

Texrat just explained how not to cross-post. If you create a thread, people will see/read it -- no need to link to it in several other threads.

As for name calling... It has never really happened here to a great extent. There have been incidents, but nothing as seemingly major as this. We, as mods, are slow to react, because we're trying to figure out how to deal with it. But, admittedly, the flurry of posts makes it hard to keep track.

Contacting mods directly, would have alleviated a lot of the pain here. When one begins to get personal is when one opens themselves to personal attacks. That's just the way it is. The first time you felt offended, you should have contacted a mod with a link to the offense. These are the emails/PMs that we receive daily -- and no, not from my friends, although everyone here are my friends, so...

Tim

Last edited by timsamoff; 2009-09-28 at 20:29.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post: