View Single Post
I'm copying the comments from the Brainstorm page as I think they'll attract more conversation here...

Sascha Makela: I agree. A combination of 1 and 3 would be the best. Having an extra field in the calendar is a much better idea than mine with keywords. But instead of setting the IM status and the Profile separately, I believe it would be easier if one would only define the desired Profile. The IM status would be set in the Profile it self. However, in this case it would be best if there would be the ability to have an unlimited amount of Profiles that can be added and named by the user.
I think that to offer the user maximum flexibility you need to let Calendar set overide profile IM status settings. There are people who may not wish to change their IM status every time they change profile, but this would still let them set status for chosen Calendar events. Thinking about it further, I assume there is a built in Clock type app which handles alarms a la S60? In which case, each alarm should also be able to change the profile and the IM status.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...