View Single Post
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
The software on the tablets should shut down before 3.2Volts though, but there are ways to disable that. I hope you didn't.
Oh, please don't think I disabled that. I wouldn't even know how.

What did you use to take the measurements?
battery-status.

Originally Posted by bilofsky View Post
(Li batteries gain capacity when used for a bit, so I ran the Mugen through a few cycles before and during these tests.)
Not generally true for Li-Ion, though some manufacturers recomend it for LiFePo4 chemistries.
I inferred this from the Mugen instructions, which say:
"The first time, please charge the battery in the device for at least 8 hours ... After fully charged, please use the device until the device tells you the battery is verly low, then recharge. Repeat this process for 2-3 more times, where after (sic) you can recharge the battery whenever is suitable. Important: NEVER drain the battery completely to 0%."

Originally Posted by bilofsky View Post
The real problem, though, is an inability to survive deep discharge. When I first purchased a Mugen battery, I put it in the N810, connected the charger, and then tried to boot the N810. Well, this is a mistake. I figured it would run off the charger, but apparently during the boot process the charger is cut off, and there was not enough juice in the battery to get through the boot.
That's a seriously defective battery. If the battery has been shipped empty, then it will have degraded seriously during storage and transport, to the point that it might even pose a safety hazard.
If you say so. But as I said, the original Nokia battery that shipped with my N810 wouldn't boot either in the same situation.