View Single Post
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Although, judging on your screenshots, you're not going to use synthesizers, require MIDI; you have your samples already.
allnameswereout, FL IS a VST instrument as well as a tracker and sample player. Its pretty feature packed. It has its own synths as well as hosts others in VST, DirectX and other plugin formats.

What you then need is a sequencer or tracker.
Read above. He wants an all in one solution, which apps like FL, Reason, and MachFive provide.

The Linux alternative mentioned earlier would be perfect with an optimized UI, but good luck waiting on that. Too many hills to climb, as was pointed out about the ARM vs. x86 issue. Steinberg owns VST, so they'd have to support the VST port to ARM first.

Hate to be a negative *** but you're just better off with a netbook running Windows XP and Fruity Loops provided the sound quality it delivers is good enough (read reviews for that).
I think you're being realistic, and I agree. I wouldn't even go netbook because I've tried it. Not enough processing power for real pro work in most cases, and that was just tracking audio in Nuendo.