View Single Post
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Hmm, well, if it were ASCII/ANSI art I'd just blend the last letter with first. In this case, I'd put my effort on mixing the secondary art; the balls. I'd make them more harmonic in the middle of your screenshot. Remember, the user does not see the end or beginning. The user has no concept of '4th desktop' or '1st desktop'. Its all 'the centered' desktop with one 'left', and one 'right'. So swipe away. Although each desktop is somehow unique.

In that regard, maybe make 4 versions of 'maemo.org' logo, each in a different way, with secondary artwork mixing with each other. Because the user will never see the (IMO beautiful) artwork at a whole.
I get some of what you are saying and have to wait until I have a n900 i my hands to really see how it works. I have looked at it with my n810 in Tear and scrolled it left to right from there. It works quite nice I think. I understand you dont see the whole thing ever at once but I think thats kind of the point and gives a cool effect. Each desktop gets its own unique quite abstract look but as you sweep thorugh 3-4 desktops it reveals the maemo.org logo. Its all personal prefs I suppose.. but as said I really need to test this out for real to see how it works. I think there is some quite cool creative possibilities with this pano bacgrounds..

The Following User Says Thank You to claesbas For This Useful Post: