View Single Post
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I figure we do the wiki the way all wikis are done. You make changes, and other people either leave the changes if they like them, or change them if they don't. And you can have little discussions about specific, disputed pages on the wiki talk pages of the disputed pages.

I would much rather have people post here in talk saying, "I've added this page," or "I've edited this page" so that others can go and look at the changes, rather than posting, "someone should really do something about that page!"
While I do agree 100%, I also think we should 'marshall our forces' and identify an overall strategy... precisely what I see Dave Neary doing. Note I have volunteered and promise to do more than talk.

EDIT: I just spent significant time navigating links through the wiki.

Hoo boy.

I daresay it's in the shape it's in BECAUSE so much is done on the fly without followup. In theory the wiki-standard continuous improvement by visitors sounds reasonable but in practice I suspect many are intimidated by what they encounter in ours. I know I am.

I'm betting even wikipedia started with a business plan and process map. It's much, much easier to update something that has started that way. Start with chaos, you just get more.

It needs to be fixed, though, and for now I'll start with the things I can clearly identify. But some pages are going to have to surely be cleaned up by those involved in their creation.

Last edited by Texrat; 2009-10-15 at 02:07.