View Single Post
Originally Posted by xmob View Post
Just had a thought. Are your RSS feeds subscribed using something other than IE? That might have something to do with it.
I did export my RSS feeds from my desktop Vista machine to import into Google Reader. I then took the exported Google Reader file and imported it into Internet Explorer on my laptop (with Vista). So everything has been imported into the Internet Explorer/Microsoft rss system (whatever that is). I can see all my feeds using the default Vista sidebar gadget on my desktop, so I thought they would be able to work just as well on a sideshow device. I'm guessing there is something wrong with this assumption? I can certainly add the rss feeds and select them to show up as sideshow gadgets, but I get the error message I described previously.

I would certainly like them to work, but if there is that much of a delay in the gadgets (caused by the gadgets/whatever else), mSideShow wouldn't be a viable quick rss browser, anyway. Are there any other gadgets you would recommend that you find work well in mSideShow?