View Single Post
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
something simple we could build off of could be a simple drum machine. Before adding the support to insert samples, just include a simple set of drums, a kick, snare, high hat, 4 toms, a ride cymbal, a crash cymbal, and a tamborine. Allow users to set a BPM, allow event quantization, sequencing and looping of 2, 4, 8, or 16 bars, sequence playlists, and exporting of an audio and MIDI file.

This would be something great for a songwriter like texrat, and would be good for the rapper that needs a little inspiration to pen a few bars. Once the beat sequence is created, the MIDI sequence can be exported to the desktop DAW, drum machine, or keyboard workstation, where it can be edited, and the standard sounds can be replaced with higher quality versions, bring the basic sequence to life.

That could be a good start, and features can be added down the road, but this core feature could be something we could use immediately. And maybe the other features can be added later.
that would be wonderful! unfortunately i couldn't code my way out of a paperbag; maybe i could proofread the manual or something on that level...