View Single Post
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
This device will be one of the most dropped devices evah' unless they get the portrait mode ASAP. Yes, the current tablet community that uses the device will be more careful, but people used to smartphones will try to use the N900 one handed in landscape. Doing so is counter-intuitive and will result in Mr. Gravity breaking people's hearts. With one hand, hold a phone in landscape mode and portrait and see which way you are most likely to drop the device.

I still do not get how Nokia missed this and are now jumping through hoops to add it. A basic smartphone has the function of texting with one hand- in portrait mode.
I absolutely agree. I've spent the last week consciously paying attention to how often I use my N95 one handed. Its everything from tube and bus rides (holding on to hand rails), walking home with the other hand holding shopping bags, typing in a website URL that you're reading in a newspaper, standing in a bar holding a pint while looking up some blokey trivia on Google, holding girlfriends hand while you check the sports scores...you name it.

Having pre-ordered the N900 to replace my much loved N95, I just hope Nokia are paying attention to this and realise how important it is for probably a large number of people. I'll admit it isn't necessary to everyone, but I think a lot of people won't realise what they've got until its gone sort of thing.

Lets just hope the on-screen keyboard is suitable!!!