View Single Post
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by huntr77 View Post
I absolutely agree. I've spent the last week consciously paying attention to how often I use my N95 one handed. Its everything from tube and bus rides (holding on to hand rails), walking home with the other hand holding shopping bags, typing in a website URL that you're reading in a newspaper, standing in a bar holding a pint while looking up some blokey trivia on Google, holding girlfriends hand while you check the sports scores...you name it.

Having pre-ordered the N900 to replace my much loved N95, I just hope Nokia are paying attention to this and realise how important it is for probably a large number of people. I'll admit it isn't necessary to everyone, but I think a lot of people won't realise what they've got until its gone sort of thing.

Lets just hope the on-screen keyboard is suitable!!!
Me too. I use my G1 almost always in portrait mode with obvious exceptions of game emulators, vids and long texts.

I ordered the N900 and appreciate it is a mini computer, but would expect basic smartphone function in portrait mode. I want this as a true all-in-one. G1 is not it.