View Single Post
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
NewEgg generally doesn't yank prices up and down (when it comes to pre-order sales). Regular items are different since they tend to react to how the market reacts. I can wait for my device as long as the price doesn't go up so I'll probably just stick with Newegg.

I don't think there's going be a wide disparity in shipping dates (especially for decently sized retailers like Amazon, Buy.com, and Newegg). The n900 itself is probably going be released by retailers sometime the first or second week of November.
Amazon is quite larger than Newegg. They might not generally yank their prices up, but that's not the point, the fact is it's in the fine print, so it can happen... As far as the date, I know about that , I wasn't asking when it's going to be released, I was simply responding to the few people who were saying when they called the companies they ordered from they were told the first batch would be tomorrow..err today actually. I love Newegg and especially the price, but dislike the restocking fee and no price guarantee. Guess we'll find out later today if the phones are indeed shipping out.

-Socrates 469 BC