View Single Post
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Johnx View Post
@qole: The drivers are there. The OS is pretty basic, but it seems to be Angstrom Linux (and whatever runs on it). However, you should definitely expect to see Mer on the Pandora.

@all: Maybe this is coming a bit late, but this whole us vs. them mentality is starting to depress me a little bit. I really feel like the mobile Linux community is too small (not counting Android and Pre/WebOS here) for us to afford to be so divided. Hopefully this will change once both hardware platforms are shipping. I just feel like being able to collaborate on projects would be such a huge opportunity to miss simply because people got caught up on the small details and missed the big picture.

-John
To be clear the intent at the time of this posting, was to show the confidence level in the Pandora project. The first post in March of 2009, several months past the first expected delivery date. My money was refunded (less than I paid) and I was told to reorder and it would be out in June. Hahahahah

OK, so talk at that time was the n900 would be out about September 2009, giving the Pandora team, lots of time to beat the Nokia to market, or so Pandora team timelines would lead you to believe. The poll should have reflected that Pandora team would beat the Nokia to market, but it did not. Nor did it in real life, I think the post has served as a useful warning to people to be weary of such "pie in the sky" dreams.

Again you also need to remember when the initial preorder happened, it was at least a year before a new Nokia product would be coming out, which made it very attractive to members in this community

I made this post as I was very mad at the way the Pandora team handled the entire fiasco.

I myself am looking extremely forward to the Pandora console, but for people who thought that the console would ship in Dec 2008, March 2009, June 2009, September 2009, now hoping for before Christmas 2009. I would say Pandora project truly deserves any and all beatings they took in here, and even the tags.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post: