View Single Post
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
What's wrong with tabs? They split the information up onto multiple pages. You cannot see the overall call history anymore. Be on the outgoing page - miss perhaps information on the incoming call tab. Be on the incoming call tab - miss or have to switch to another page to call again the person you just called.
Different kinds of information should be split up onto multiple pages.

When I'm on the "missed calls" tabs, I usually don't look for information about recently dialled numbers there. I go there specifically to see which calls I missed while I was in the bathroom. I know I didn't make or answer a call when I was there, so I wouldn't need or want to see anything else than missed calls.

Same with outgoing calls. I go there to re-dial a number. Not to see who called me.

All the years with my S60 phone, I never once had the idea that combining the three lists into one would be desirable. In fact, my SE doeas have this one combined list as an additional (actually: primary) one. I don't use it, it's too annoying. - A feature I like a lot about the SE, though, is the "missed activity" view thats available with one click from the home screen. When i go there, I see everything that "happened on my phone" while I left it unattended: missed calls, incoming messages, reminders. All in one list. This is a view I would expect in a smart pocket computer. Does the N900 have it?

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post: