View Single Post
Originally Posted by qole View Post
The contacts page has a filter menu, called "Groups," which doesn't use tabs. When you choose "Groups," you are shown a menu of all of your accounts, and when you choose an account, only contacts from that account are shown. The "All contacts" at the top is replaced with the account name, the "X" in the top right is replaced with a back-arrow, and clicking on the back-arrow returns to the "all contacts" page.

Seems like this should also work for filtering the call history.
I dont really have a N900 but from the videos I saw, I was thinking about the contact are filtered too.

How about using the side bar on the contact where the Alpha letters are shown to filter by Alphabetical way. The Call log could have a shorter side listing of (A)ll Calls, (M)issed calls, (O)utgoing calls (I)ncoming calls etc.
Just clicking on any letter for those categories will filter the call log.

This way the space in landscape mode doesn't have to be wasted on the top or bottom, but put them on the side like in contacts app.

Again this is my visualization without really playing with the Maemo at all - so I may be off in my assumptions in how contacts work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post: