View Single Post
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mve View Post
Yes Finnish localization worked right away.
Good!

I thought that copying old database from N810 to N900 should bring all my data to N900 so I got little bit confused about how to make it happen. From the user perspective replacing database file with one containing some data should just work. There should not be any need to use open database from the menu.

Nope. N810 has been working correctly for me all the time. I meant that importing database was not possible in N900 fuelpad. I tried to use Import functionality for database file from N810 because I couldn't find any other way to get that data. And only way to get driver and car info was to replace N900 database file and then importing csv file from N810 fuelpad. After that I could see all old data in N900. Replacing database bring only car and user information.
Did you check if you actually had the data also? Your current car might have been the default one with no data. Changing the car requires to press the button beside the car selector, not just selecting it.

There might be some problems with "rajaa näytettävät" (sorry don't want to boot tablet to see correct English name for this) menu entry. I don't know how it should be used because there doesn't seem to be any way to activate the selection. There are just AND/OR selections and 'Clear' button for the different information.
"Filter records" in English (not a word-to-word translation to Finnish, as you see). Yeah, I know, it's not very well working. Filtering and importing are the two things that I am not very happy with myself either.

I would like to get rid off some of the tabs in main screen. I don't like pan screen left and right.
You mean the table of your fuel records? As you remember the Diablo version had a dialog of choosing which columns to show. I did not implement it yet for Fremantle but that I'll do that.

Any way this is excellent program to keep up with fuel consumption. Thanks a lot for making it.
I did it for myself and at first thought I would not release it publicly. I'm glad I did - you can't be thanked too often!