View Single Post
Ok, I'm short of energy right now, so I'll keep this slim and simple.

Is the engine stupid, or enough smart to be a challenge? Eh... maybe I need to specify myself a bit more.

---General questions about the program---

I've heard that the built-in chess game on the N900 is identical to the N810 version, but this doesn't necessarily mean it won't be any better. Even if the program wasn't rewritten (which would be unlikely, considering the Maemo 5 platform somewhat differs from earlier Maemo versions), then it'd still be stronger, because of more powerful hardware.

Anyway, does anyone know how strong the engine is? Is it almost impossible to beat the most difficult level, or any other levels for that matter? Does the engine make strong moves on 1 sec time controls (if time controls are allowed, that is), or for how long does the engine have to calcule to make a sensible move? What elo does the levels have (maybe this question is too chess specific for the general public)?

I know one's opinions varies from person to person, but this doesn't matter at all here.

If you want to be objective, please speficy the engine's strength in elo (if you somehow succeed to find that out, good luck with that, you'll need it).

Anyway, don't keep you opinion in secret.

What are the options? Time controls? Different sets of pieces? 2D/3D view? Does the latest game save automaticly? Are the results against the engine saved? Is it possible to choose color? Is it possible to play online? Are there fictional ratings for the player as well as the engine for different levels, which depends on the results? Can you ask for draw? Are the names of the openings displayed? Are there any other options that I didn't mention?

Answers would be strongly appreciated, no matter which hardware or software you have (please specify in you post though). I've had (and still have) some personal experience with chess, so I guess I could give some more ideas for how to enhance the game if someone would be interested.

Perhaps some of those questions can be considered as ideas for the program's course of evolution.

And don't assume that a text's sense has anything to do with one's intellectual strength.

The Following User Says Thank You to c0rt3x For This Useful Post: