View Single Post
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Palo Alto, CA
Originally Posted by huntr77 View Post
Aside from the web browser being vastly better, i've been trying to compare the N95 8Gb and the N900's browsing speeds in terms of 3G protocols (3G / 3.5G / EDGE / UMTS / HSPA etc).

From what I can tell the N900 has the same technologies as the N95, but correct me if I am wrong.

Are there any other improvements that might increase speeds with simple web browsing? Especially actually gaining a connection to a website (which can sometimes take 1 or 2 seconds), rather than downloading the data.

I live in London, UK and use Vodafone, so I presume the network here is pretty up-to-date and i'm hoping I can take advantage of any improvements in the N900.
N900 supports HSPA, which gives 10 MBS downlink and 2 MBS uplink. N95 supports somethink like UL3.6 MB downlink and 384 kbs uplink. HSPA should improve on the latency (which is the lag you see). However, all of this is completely dependent upon your network operator as well as the current load of the network. 3G speeds slow down as more users are active or connected.