Thread: Should I wait?
View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
To each his own.

I've stated quite enough times that I do not mind being wrong, I'm willing to wait until it comes out to make up my mind; however I'm not going to blindly follow Nokia or pretty much anybody else on this one.

Simple things like how to turn off the ringer go unanswered by these reviews and/or this forum. Not something that's exactly "faith building" in the least about the one part of the N900 that I'd like to know if my experience will be greater than other phones I've experienced in the past.

If it's great, I don't mind coming in here and eating a bit of crow. But as it stands, my suspicions have lead me to believe that it will be a tacked on affair much like the GPS was on the N810 - slow lock on plagues me to this day with that "addition".

Prior experience in Maemo was brought up by me to differentiate if the user would go into the phone aspect with the idea(s) of how it should be as uniform with the rest of the OS or if it were indeed tacked on.

And an off-the-cuff comment or two might save me another $600+ disappointment after my prior $350+ disappointment and after my original $250+ disappointment.

I'm not ignoring anything. I'll make up my mind when I touch it. But so far, Nokia has to regain my faith after locking me into a machine that will only be supported by the community (not a bad thing) and cannot be upgraded. If they do the N900 much like they had done the N810 - the CPU will be same in later iterations since OMAP4 is too far down the line, I already know that - but let's say they do it again as before. I just don't have the patience nor pocket to keep funding quickly forgotten steps in Nokia's "master plan".

If that's the case, and things feel tacked on and are delivered by the suggestions of the group(s) here as opposed to really delivering something I'd consider a superior experience that may, or may not be upgraded later down the line... I'll wait.

I don't quite get the defense of this yet to be released device and honestly I think this should be the last time I have to defend my very own opinion. Despite not falling into lockstep behind this release, I'm going to understand that this is merely step 4 out of 5 and it might not be the best fit for me, it might not get upgraded, it might feel tacked on in places, it might mean that things will have to come in the form of upgrades down the line... and I just do not have the patience for any of that right now.

Nokia has created that doubt (with me) in their Maemo products based on prior iterations suffering what I'd considered a quite usable yet incomplete user experience.