View Single Post
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
Wait a minute... Windows Mobile is not as slow as some people are making it out to be. On top of that, there are plenty of WM devices out there that had 32 to 64MB of RAM and multi-tasked just fine. I use to run streaming software in the background while browsing, leaving my email open, etc. with no problems on my 300MHz 64MB iPaq. I even installed a "beta" version of WM6.5 about five months ago (on a different device) just to test it out. It ran fine. Now, if it had hardware acceleration, it would have been even better.

I personally am tired of the look of WM and is why I love my N810. But that doesn't mean that it was bloatware like Vista. It did most everything that my NIT does and some things it doesn't such as infrared control. It also has thousands of more apps available for it with many of them being free.

And when it comes to swap files, I run my N810 without a swap file. I do run into the "out of memory" error once in a while but feel that it is a good trade off to swapping RAM around and incurring the slow downs. I turned off everything on my desktop just to keep memory and processor time to a minimum. But, this is something that you could do with the N900 as well.