View Single Post
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/metromap/

This is a Python app, which makes modifications nice and easy. I have a version somewhere with a modified screen layout that was easier for me to use, if the standard isn't good enough ping me and I'll dig it out.

I had also planned to hook into TfL and grab journey time estimates, but haven't got round to it (yet...?).

Anyway give it a go and patches welcome.
Thanks, I'll have to try it out when the N900 hits.
To make it more universal, does it just use a jpg or gif file to scroll around on? That way the NYC metro etc can easily be added. The tricky thing is to actually use the graphic file and select a station and look up departure times.

I would guess that a database of lines with tube stations can cross reference each table to find where the changes are. eg.

Picadilly Line:
1 Cockfosters
... (intervening stations)
9 Finsbury Park
13 King's Cross
Green Park
etc etc

While for Victoria Line:
Walthamstow
Seven Sisters
Finsbury Park
King's Cross
Green Park

The table would be equal where they both have Finsbury Park, King's Cross and Green Park so we know they are the change points. The number on the left denotes which station in order it would be.

I'm not sure if that's the best way of doing it, thinking just off the top of my head, but having a database like that could make it easy to load database/picture files for each metro around the world that people may submit?