View Single Post
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
There is some cool control apps for myth, notably for Android and for iPhone(cough splutter). Just a shame that no-one has written a decent one for Maemo
Yes, I wasn't very impressed with them either, but there are a few. Mythremoter at least worked, but the UI was quite unrefined, as I recall, and then there was the one universal remote program that allowed you to configure it for Myth as well....aaaaaand Google tells me it's name is Irreco. Looks like they have a version for the N900 as well:

http://irreco.garage.maemo.org/index.html#index

But anyway, a good remote program would of course be great to have as well, that's true.

And cgarvie: I totally started like that too, setting up Myth and then spending the next year not updating it and hoping it doesn't break For me personally, once I broke it a few times and restored the database successfully after that, it sort of became a non-issue. The update to 0.22 will actually break things, for real, so truly make sure you take a database backup. The database format has changed so I at least had to do some updating on it, there's instructions of course on the Myth pages (changes have to do with UTF8 encoding / MySQL).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BatPenguin For This Useful Post: