View Single Post
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
I have just committed the remaining puzzle piece of N900 bootmenu (thanks to fanoush for developing this fantastic software - has come in so handy so often for myself)

If the output of "dpkg -s getbootstate" shows Version: 1.0.35+0m5 on your N900, you will be able to multiboot.

WARNING: This is only for the very daring and you should have a FIASCO image ready for reflashing and have your data backed up before even considering to try this out.

fanoush: should we consider pushing this into Fremantle Extras-devel after a bit of polishing?

The package can be found at http://www.daimi.au.dk/~cvm/bootmenu_1.6_armel.deb and you need to dpkg -i it as root. You need rootsh installed.

For those who try it out - have fun multibooting your N900!

Some advices for those booting non-Maemo systems: Get a watchdog kicker very early in the process - this isn't handled magically for you by DSME like on 770, N8x0. It is a standard Linux watchdog interface. There's R&D flags to disable watchdogs.

Originally Posted by korbé View Post
Well, from in-November, I'll help Mer.
It's November now. Are you ready?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2009-12-09 at 19:21. Reason: Updated to correct URL

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: