View Single Post
Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by ewagner View Post
I called nokia USA after talking to my credit card company and now they say my order has gone through and they are now shipping pre-orders. I will keep checking my credit card and emails for the actual transaction. Because I am still skeptical even though the second rep was a different person but had the same info as the first.

I have to rely on what they say because I had to re-order over the phone after my initial pre-order in September was canceled through a technical difficulty. So I can't check the status online. They have no way of linking my order to my online account they say. I just have a hard time believing those reps now.
I just had a bad run-in with NokiaUSA sales. Here's the whole story...

I pre-ordered online back on Sept 4th. A couple of days later I got a call to inform me that my card had been denied. No way, I could buy a nice car with that card! So I call the card company. They say everything's fine, no problem, buy whatever. Call Nokia back, tried again - card is denied. So he tells me to wait 3 days for their system to clear that out and try again. I say let's try another card and see what happens. Ok, works this time! And AFAIK all has been well since. I checked the order now and then, always 'In progress'. Fine, I can wait.

Today, I get another call from Nokia to verify the order. All RIIIGHT!!! This it IT! But, no, the free headset can't be included, so he offers 15% discount instead. Great, I didn't really want the headset anyway, and it saves me about $100. BUT, I have to re-order.

That's where things go bad. Go through all my info again, get a new total and - the card is rejected. The same card I used on the 2nd try for the original pre-order. WTF?? I call the bank, they tell me Nokia tried 3 times to charge the phone and they never denied any of them. Bank gives me a 800 number for Nokia to call to get an authorization code to prove the card is good.

I call NokiaUSA again. They tell me they can't call the bank, I need to call them and get it straightened out, then do the 3-day wait again for their system to clear out my 'rejected card' and try to order again. And they tell me I do not have a N900 on order any more.

That's my limit for the day - I get kinda hot. Talk to a supervisor for 30 minutes. Whadaya mean you can't call the bank? Whadaya mean you can't correct an error in your system? Whadaya do if the same thing happens in 3 days? How do I get my friggin' phone I've waited 3 months for? I get no meaningful answers...

I'm done. I just pre-ordered from Newegg using one of the same cards NokiaUSA said was rejected. I've bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff from Newegg with no problems. I may get my N900 a little later (site says expect Nov 30) but I'll get it. And, the total on the original Nokia pre-order was $699. $559 from Newegg, so I saved $140.

The phone should rock. The NokiaUSA sales department can bite me.
Registered Linux user #266531.