View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I got a good response from my previous thread, Installing Adblock Plus on Fremantle Browser, so I thought I'd post a how-to for getting one of my favorite Firefox add-ons to work in the Fremantle browser.

Twitter has become, at least for the people I follow, mostly a stream of links to other places. These links are always short, obfuscated blobs with a short, usually non-descriptive comment added.

Power Twitter adds thumbnails of pictures and videos, as well as expanded links, showing the title of the linked webpage / article. This makes Twitter so much more usable, as you can immediately see what people are linking to, and only click on those items, rather than having to click on every link just to see what they are.

The howto for this addon is very simple.
  • Install the greasemonkey-webaddon package. It is currently only available in the Fremantle Extras-devel repository.
  • UPDATE: Mark Guim, in his article at TheNokiaBlog, suggests that a reboot may be necessary here.
  • Go to the Power Twitter web page, download the Greasemonkey version.
  • Log in to Twitter on your N900. You should see a little floaty bar at the bottom right of the page that says "@powertwitter: settings | help", click on settings and enter your Twitter password in the password field.

Screenshot:

Last edited by qole; 2009-11-23 at 22:25.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post: