View Single Post
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by huntr77 View Post
if you do some research on the internet you will find it is all a complete fraud that your phone interferes with the airlines navigations systems. think how many flights occur every day. if even 1% of people sneakily used their phones during take off / landing (like I always do becuase it a crock of sh1t), chances are you would have seen some kind of crash or problems. in all the years that mobiles have been carried on planes, i have yet to even hear a rumour of such a thing.

so I say, turn it all on....bluetooth, wireless, point the infrared at pilot, you name it...live on the edge people
Aviation is a *highly* regulated industry, by the nature of the risks involved. All parties have obligations ... pilots, maintenance crews, designers, airlines, airframers, and yes also the passengers. AFAIK, wireless device use is up to the airline operating procedures, and in some countries the regulatory body may also have a say. If everyone took your attitude, then what difference would it make if the pilots showed up drunk ... surely that also happens on some 'frequent' basis, also without incident as you say. Please do us all a favour and stay at the boarding gate rather than compromise safety in the air.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post: