View Single Post
Posts: 243 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ silicon valley
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Ok, as I posted in another thread (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=37) we need to get this moving. Maemo is involved with several events in the near future and there will be many more of course.

In addition to custom swag for particular events, we need a stock set of items to provide to interested parties at general events, not only at large-scale assemblies like Maemo Summit and FOSDEM but also local user groups-- something we really have not addressed much but definitely need to cultivate.

I want to be able to introduce Maemo and maemo.org to any open source oriented group I can reach, but I have nothing tangible to leave with them. The way I see it we need:
  • tee shirts and/or ball caps
  • low-cost trinkets (USB dongles, pens, branded postit pads, etc)
  • glossy flyers / whitepapers / etc

All of these require a consistency in design around branding.

As I see it, there is no problem with the community generating graphics as timsamoff, wazd, myself and others have done for prior events. The issue here is funding, and that is in Nokia's domain.

Our competitors have been engaged in user group meetups for some time so we're overdue... but we need "ammunition".

Per Quim's request, I will also be challenging the council on this subject. No matter what though, we need to move forward ASAP! I am already planning to meet with one user group and it would be so nice to have something tangible to leave them...
Assuming a sufficiently high quality logo was available, is there something wrong in printing our own tshirts via somewhere like cafe press?