View Single Post
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
Since 2 days I am an proud owner of a N900. The first day I've installed about 10-12 apps (some from the extras-devel repo).

After using the phone for a couple of hours I got the error message mentioned earlier. Because of this message I could not open new apps (this gave another error msg). Even after closing all the running apps I still kept getting this msg. The only solution was a reboot.

Today the same thing happened again (after a few hours of usage); but now I sometimes was able to open and use apps. My first thought was that it ran out of virtual mem. The output of the "free" command was about 700MB of free mem (all swap).

After reboot I tested by opening as much as apps. Mem usage went up to 450MB but still did not got any error msg.

Someone gave me the tip to look at the usage of the rootfs filesystem. Yesterday, rootfs was 76% full. So I uninstalled some apps to gain another 3%. After having the error msg again I uninstalled some more apps. Usage of rootfs is now 70%. All other filesystems/mounts have a usage percentage of max. 60% (most of them <10%).

What is causing this error message? Any clue? How to trace the cause? Log files? Where do I have to look?

Kind regards,

Murat
The Netherlands