View Single Post
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by elimoon8 View Post
Duly noted (I should have quoted your post when I wrote my post).
You can't expect a developer to post a how-to, though. It's their application/tweak, therefore they can distribute the information they way they want to/need to (it also depends on how much time they have in their lives, etc.). You can politely ask other users for a simple how-to (which I can see has been happening) while telling them explicitly that you understand all of the risks involved (which has not been happening).
Most end users will not care about the risks involved, it's a sad fact. So what do we do about it? That's more important IMO.

You can either

1. Expect the user to read up on everything
2. Provide the necessary details (i.e. spoonfeed)

Again, there's an opportunity cost incurred for either solution. And it's important you consider these costs seriously.

I'm not saying that it's the obligation of developers and the forum community to provide 'how-to's and disclaimers for each and every app and for each and every purpose. We're just suggesting that should such features be included, it would definitely be more end user friendly.

Not an obligation, your choice. Should developers be more proactive in sharing tips and how-to's with end users, end users benefit though we know it can be more taxing for the developers. With this fundamental understanding, we are not DEMANDING for anything, just HOPING for the better.

Last edited by LouisLoh; 2009-11-29 at 07:56.