View Single Post
Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Here's the breakdown:

/ is the root system partition where applications are loaded. This is a two Gigabyte partition.
Actually / is 256MB built-in to the CPU package. It contains the OS/Firmware.

/opt -> /home/opt is 2GB reserved from the 32GB internal storage chip. It is meant to be used for anything you install on top of the standard firmware as / has very little spare space.

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
/home/user/MyDocs is the area that is visable from the N900's GUI filemanager as "N900". This is the remainder of the internal 32GB chunk (about 27~ GB).

/media/mmc1 is the Micro SCHC card.

When you plug in the N900 in USB Mass storage mode, the host PC maps the /media/mmc1 and the /home/user/MyDocs partitions as separate readable drives.

If you want to move files from anywhere else onto your PC, first copy them to either the SDHC card, or to /home/user/MyDocs.

Hope this helps.
Is correct.

Basically, /home/user/MyDocs is where you are expected to put all your files such as music, videos, documents. The camera also saves here.

If you really need to access other parts of the filesystem you can always install OpenSSH - Server and then use winscp (if you are on Windows) to login and browse the filesystem. I am not sure if OpenSSH is in testing or extra though and you need to be a lot more careful when using it anyway as it gives you power to change things that will stop everything working.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 2009-12-07 at 13:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post: