View Single Post
Hi all,

I would also like to be able to connect to my school's VPN, however, they stated clearly on their website that they do not support linux. I still believe that it is possible to use the N800 to log in, but I need some advice.

Here are the settings that they recommend for Windows XP. Can someone advice me on the relevant VPN client to use on the N800 and what I should do? I'm new to this...

It uses PPTP for the protocol.

Creating a new VPN connection
1. Click Start, then select Control Panel.
2. Click "Network and Internet Connections".
3. Click "Create a connection to the network at your workplace".
4. In the New Connection Wizard window, select "Virtual Private Network connection", then click Next.
5. In the box under "Type a name for this connection in the following box.", type a descriptive name, such as "SCHOOL".
6. Click Next.
7. In the box under "Host Name or IP address", type "130.95.11.2" (without quotes).
8. Click Next.
9. Tick the "Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop" box if you want to a shortcut for the SCHOOL connection on your desktop.
10. Click Finish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting to the SCHOOL VPN
1. Click Start, then select Connect To, then select "SCHOOL" (or the descriptive name you gave your connection).
2. Enter your SCHOOL username and password in the appropriate boxes.
3. Click Connect.
4. If you are prompted to enter a windows networking username and password, click the Cancel button.

Luke

Last edited by luketoh; 2007-03-28 at 03:00.