View Single Post
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brighton
Hey all. Thought I'd put some perspective on the battery life for people worried about this: it really isn't all that bad you guys!

I received my device yesterday and plugged it straight in. I'll wax lyrical about how much I love the device in another thread, but here's the skinny:

- Taken off charge (fully charged - but only the first charge) at 6PM, went home. Fiddled with it all the way home, long into the evening, played scrabble (flash) on facebook for a good few hours against my girlfriend (sitting next to me on the sofa - we're geeks, I know )

- Installed Bounce, Hermes, Ur-Quan Masters, Xournal, DrNokSnes, Leafpad, telepathy-butterfly, Facebook Widget and Photo Uploader (Though I removed the widget), Ogg Support, OpenSSH Client and Zeemote Control Panel (for DrNokSnes).

- Realised I forgot my charger and therefore can't charge it. If I had noticed this before 1AM I would've cut down on all the playing. Went to bed.

- To my surprise, my N900 woke me up at 7AM - still managing with the 'low battery' I left it with 6 hours earlier. Took girlfriend to opticians, where I was too bored NOT to play Super Mario World on DrNokSnes until she got out (a good hour of playing all in).

- 8:45AM, sat down at my desk and hooked up N900 to some much-needed power. Still not out of batteries.

Okay, so you guys: this was on the first charge - things can only get better. A good 8 hours of constant fiddling, with GPS on, switching between WiFi and 3G connections, about 1/2 hours worth of phone calls and around 6 hours of standby. I come from a communicator background (Nokia 9500, E90 - with an E61 in between) so I'm not used to the 5-day charge of some phones, but this is more than acceptable for me.

Just thought I'd give my 2 pennies, as this was a major concern for me when I was lurking about these boards before diving in and buying anyway ^_~ (oh, and it hasn't crashed once. Sounds like there's some dodgy units out there - or careless owners )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darkshine For This Useful Post: