View Single Post
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by fidel cashlow View Post
I even posted in the previous thread that had asked the same question and got no response.

I used to use my 8 gb kingston with my e71 and inserted it into my n900. I've rebooted a few times and got nothing. I tried the df -h code in xterminal and its not recognized.

I would appreciate it if someone could help with this issue. If it matters I use OS X.
I've had this happen some times.

In reference to this the N900 will not mount the MicroSD card if it thinks the back cover is open. Try taking the cover off and put it on again or make sure it is tight. On the back cover you can see a little square metal piece. This is what the N900 uses to detect the cover being closed.

If that doesn't solve it take the card out. Start the phone up without it and then turn it off. Put the card in and turn it back on.

My N900 did this to my card for the first few days. After me doing the above and making sure the rear lid is tight on it stopped playing around and has since consistently mounted the card.

Last edited by olighak; 2009-12-10 at 01:56.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post: