View Single Post
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Here's a problem I found while messing around most of the day with the N900 ( didn't get any work done today ).

If I click on 'Add Shortcut' then choose for ex. AP News, I'll automatically get a shortcut on my desktop, yet when I click on the shortcut because AP New's isn't downloaded on the phone it directs me to download the app. Once downloaded and automatically installed, I go back to the desktop only to find my shortcuts have now been replaced with the widget.

The whole point is saving the battery with the shortcut--yet if I double tap the desktop then 'add shortcut' and list will come up with the available shortcuts but AP New's isn't there anymore... I go into the phone, then into 'More' where AP New's was originally located, and nothing...the only way to get it back is by clicking on 'Add Widget' via the desktop. If I also go into the application manager, AP New's or any other app I've downloaded but deleted from the desktop is no longer available in the application manager, even though the app itself is still on the device.

I looked at the file manager and didn't find the app's ( yet for some reason there is a 'Mac OS' folder ???? ) so what's going on, how do I get back my app's in both the 'More' section as well as the shortcut list?

Also I noticed one time earlier today ( been trying to recreate the circumstance ) when I double tapped on the desktop a box slid up from the bottom of the screen showing my missed calls, total number of new messages and voicemails but I didn't click on it so it didn't stay. Yet, I can't seem to recreate this but I know it's there. Any insight on this one also??

Does the phone automatically clean up the install package once the apps themselves have been downloaded or do I need to go into a folder and delete the packages?

-Socrates 469 BC

Last edited by spinnukur; 2009-12-10 at 03:01.