Thread: FlipClock Beta
View Single Post
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Okay everyone it's been a bit busier that I'd thought but finally I've gotten to another release point:

For Maemo 4.x
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa....9.7_armel.deb

and Maemo 5
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...ntle_armel.deb

I still have no idea if the Maemo5 version will even run without crashing almost immediately (thanks for pointing that out and offering to help 白い熊) but I've posted in the hope that maybe something I've changed lately will help. The thing still runs perfectly on my Maemo5 SDK, on Maemo4, and on every other Linux machine I've thrown it at so far, so until I can come up with some reason that it's different it's a trial and error thing...

A word of warning! Updating will clear your previous alarms! So make sure you know what they are/were first!

Anyways on to the goodies: Here's what's new/changed/exciting in this release:
  • Snooze Slider Snooze time can now be set to any number of minutes you want between 1 and 59 using the slider interface. If you want to disable snooze, just set it to 0.
  • UI graphics tweaks I've tweaked the defaultFlip graphics some more as per requests and just gerenally. The buttons are now consistent and with black text. The mood colouring works much better. A few other little tweaks here and there. Unless there are major complains this is probably the final version of the main Flip theme. The night theme, of course, needs a lot of work... but that's a different story.
  • Timer Since I started it and there was talk about it a while ago I finished it up... there's a basic "timer mode" that you can get to by dragging from the left side of the screen towards the right (opposite motion returns you to normal clock display). The "Reset" doesn't quite work properly, and I'm sure there will be a lot of comments saying "thats okay but it really is useless/out of place", so I'll probably ditch it, but at least it's there as a proof of concept for now...
  • Playlist folders Okay now to make up for that timer stuff... for each alarm, there's now a third "alert mode" option... "Folder". Click on the chooser icon, and it will let you select a folder instead of a single file. Then, choose "Random" or "Fixed", and you're good to go. When the alarm occurs, the first file in that folder will be played... when the file finishes (if the alarm hasn't been stopped/snoozed), the next file will play, etc. The files continue to play until you stop the alarm (so file1, file2, file3, file1, file2, etc). If you're on "random" then a random file will be choose each time instead of just the next one. Note that the random function is very basic and I make no promises about how "random" it will really be!. Also, while in this mode... if you hit snooze, the next time the alarm plays, the NEXT song will be played...
  • Bug fixes Eliminated the "5 times looped and no more sound" problem, a few minor memory issues, and some other little tweaks.

As always thanks everyone! Enjoy and give me feedback! I'm trying to hit an "official" release fairly soon!

Last edited by jolouis; 2009-12-15 at 18:58.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post: