View Single Post
Games:
LX Doom: installed played and removed... I don’t' have time for games, was more curious to see how well it worked.

ScummVM: with 'Beneath a steel sky' played the whole game, quite good (locked up at least once a play.) When minimized it did not show up on the left side bar as an icon. Played the game fully through and removed it. 'scratched the itch' so to speak, it works quite well as a game platform (at least in this instance.)

BattleJeweled: Bejeweled clone, I installed it for my wife who likes that game and I'm quite impressed with how fast it is.

Maemo Blocks: Tetris clone, what can I say, it works well, I like Tetris

CrimsonFields: installed but haven't had a chance to play

System Tools
- X terminal: Installed for access to the root of this device, as well as utilize this as the linux device I believe it should be.

- Vim: see #2 used to edit files.

- Drop Bear SSH Client, Server: used for shell access to my workstations and servers.

- CPU/Mem/Screenshot applet: Shows cpu/mem usage, and allows processes to be killed if frozen.

Program Software:

- Plucker: I didn't realize there was another one out there (I'll have to try it.)

- GPE- PIM apps (GPE-Calendar, Contacts and To-do)

- Gaim: kind of slow for my liking, but will work. I'll be looking for something better.

Things I'm interested in:

- Tom-Tom
- Bluetooh GPS unit
- Bluetooth Keyboard

I want to use this as something to admin systems with, check networking issues, and by using the GPE software hopefully maintain a todo-list, calendar, and contact list.

If and when I get the Gps unit I think this would be a great tool to use for drives as well as check into Kismet for wireless access finding. That was the plan, we'll see how it works out. I just ordered a 256mb card for it because it was cheap enough for me to afford after dropping way more then I wanted to at compusa. That being said the bluetooth options are a bit off in the distance as well because my phone does not support them.

Hope that helps:
-Todd