View Single Post
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Mmm this is like asking whether you can disable Hildon on an individual device. Why would you do that?

Btw, if in the future there are pre-installed widgets/apps developed with Web Runtime, "disabling" it you loose those apps. Why a user would like to do that?
On the n900, if something goes unused by me, and I have any inkling of an idea it's eating juice, I kill it.

Web Runtime widgets would be no exception. And given the additional overhead (particularly on the GTK based Maemo5), I'd likely be even more apt to try to disable these until they prove useful to me as a user or developer.

This concern primarily applies to widgets though, I don't really desire to disable the runtime, but I would be less likely to use a Web Runtime based widget due to the potentially significant overhead. For an application, this does not bother me.

Will the visible/not-visible signals sent to hildon desktop widgets be accessible to Web Runtime Widgets to prevent unnecessary battery drain?

Last edited by go1dfish; 2009-12-24 at 17:11. Reason: Clarified emphasis on battery drain re widgets, not apps

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to go1dfish For This Useful Post: