View Single Post
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
Thank you very much for the warm words.

Let marketing guys to announce Maemo firmware releases and the new features inside. I am not Maemo spokesman

Nokia Dev team is working on N900 MfE improvements.
Modest is open-sourced and you can see the directions it goes by yourself.

If you ask about Nokia plans, I can only repeat that I am not Maemo spokesman. If you are asking about technical possibilities - why not?

Can only repeat my statement about not being Maemo spokesman And I can also recommend you and all the java funs to communicate with jalimo project (jalimo.org)
Hi Vitaly !
Thank you again to you...the warm words are well deserved.

I understand your position about not telling anything about the time and features included in next releases.

I hope we'll see them very early, at least some of them, since I saw the PR 1.1 is out for testing (I would be glad to test it but I understand I'm a new entry of the Maemo community and that there are many other people more deserving than me).

I just ask you to push the marketing people to let you developers exploit the full potential of Maemo and Linux without limiting it because of possible conflict with other Symbian phone (example N97 and N97 mini).
We need to have a very good implementation of MfE for business reason, otherwise I and many other users have to switch to other devices and return to windows mobile (Bleah ) or Iphone or...

I'm waiting to test N900 as primary phone because of Mfe problems with Exchange 2003...so I'm very anxious.

Speaking of Modest, I hope the features of the client will be improved because I think it lacks some important function, like the search, better compatibility with outlook etc...
I search on internet about Modest webpage (http://modest.garage.maemo.org/ ) but it tells almost anything about future plans, and also FAQ or other things....

do you know if it is possible to use more complete email client of maemo, mantaining the compatibility with the message database of the stadard modest ?

Thank you again for the reply,
Merry S. Stefano

Cesare