View Single Post
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver Island, Canada
Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
All these votes for specific things are not really helping now, the only thing they should do is make ovi maps on the N900 just as good as ovi maps 3.0. Thats jut the goal

and about revenue thats also simple, just do the same thing as on S60, i had a 3 year contract there. including sub contracts like City explorer. So they made money from me. And i would do the same for the N900 but they have to improve it because what we have no is just so bad...
I'm not familiar with Ovi Maps 3.0 or the S60. However I am very familiar with non-cell-phone handheld GPS devices such as Garmin GPSMAP 76CSx which works without any Internet or cell connections or contracts. All the functionality including turn-by-turn navigation is built into the device software. In my opinion, the goal would be to make the N900 work more like a Garmin and less like other cell phones.

Cell phone users seem too quick to give money up per minute, per call, per month. You shouldn't have to do that for a GPS and some maps. Garmin makes good money licensing maps (one-time) and for map upgrades/updates (every couple of years). Why can't Ovi Maps do the same?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bgrigor For This Useful Post: