View Single Post
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by joshn53 View Post
There's still a lot of stuff not done:
* Right now you swipe vertically to scroll; I'd also like to be able to swipe horizontally to page up/down. This is on hold because Qt's gesture support is broken on the N900 right now (they have screencasts with it working, but their gestures sample doesn't work on the device.)
* Better use of the keyboard: starting to type on the keyboard should either pull up the search dialog or verse selection - I'm not sure which.
* I haven't started on module download/installation.
* It would be nice to have configurable font size.
* Oh, I temporarily borrowed BibleTime's icon. Someone should come up with one. I really think that it should be a Bible, since there's nothing in the name to indicate that it's a Bible reader.
Very cool
- typing on keyboard should probably default to search (personally speaking, search and verse selection should be the same, probably with some type of word completion for those book/chapt/verse names since those are readily available from the books installed)

Originally Posted by hellomezzy
hey i just wanted to say thanks. i really like the rapier app. it'd be great if the menus were more finger friendly, i love the suggestion earlier of the chapter/verse scrolls to be similar to the calendar.
Rapier won't be updated beyond getting it working on Maemo 5 devices. Katana is the effort underway to make a Bible reader that better fits the general user interface guidelines of Maemo 5 and beyond. Stay tuned to this thread for updates on both apps.