View Single Post
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
I also use system enhancement utilities on the Treo, these are really Palm OS specific. In fact, I am using handheld devices since mid 90', and all of them needed a handful of utilities to fill the gaps of the system.

Maybe these can help to prevent the crashes of the Garnet VM, too. Because the Treo really needs these to function smoothly. Many of these apps are written by the same person (HobbyistSoftware), who knows the Palm OS deeply, and corrected all the shortcumings that Palm/Access should have done.

Butler for Palm OS
Alarms, Attention Grabber, Navigation, Launching, LED, Keyguard
Ex. a long press on any letter key (on any screen, at anytime) can launch a program. This way, I can launch all my favourite apps by a long press on a letter, this is a very fast and practical way.

Phone Technician for Palm OS
"Funky Ringer" ringtone management - Mp3, Ogg, wav, wma, Midi or Polyphonic tones. Choose repeat time, vibrate, LED, and more. Radio control - set radio on & off times, turn radio on after reset.

Power Hero for Palm OS
Console -Instantly see and control the main power drains on your Treo
Schedule - Set your Treo's functions to be on only when you need them
Save - Automatically turn off power draining features after you have finished using them
Auto Bluetooth - turn your Bluetooth on automatically when your call arrives
Shortcuts - use the free shortcut applications to control features from your launcher

Reset Doctor for Palm OS
- saves your preferences, registrations and settings from being lost with resets
- empties the cache

Profiles - Profile Manager for Palm Treo
There are no profiles in Palm, only silent and not silent. This apps brings Nokia style profiles. It pops-up with a long press on the Fn key.

Pocket Tunes Deluxe
Mp3 player
Internet Radio
Last.fm radio
Background play (officially there is no multitask on Palm OS, but this plays in the background)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hakapes For This Useful Post: