View Single Post
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
I do stand by my initial impressions in that its not enough to move me from my N97, but Nokia's got a heck of a good start.
ARJWright, what are the applications/features/anythings that you use in the N97, and you miss it in the N900?

I'm interested in anything from speed, user experience, some specific apps, etc. It's great you use both, so I think you can give a really two way user perspective.

I am thinking to get a new device after my Palm Treo 680 (the hardware started to give in now, really falling apart), and hesitate between a Symbian device and the N900.
The Symbian is the boring, not very intutitive OS for me, but it is mature, gaps are filled, works smooth. Maemo would be de risky, but higher potential.

I think I have the money to buy both, however I don't have time+energy to transfer all my data and tailor the device for my needs twice, so it would be my next platform for the coming 5+ years. I used Psions for ~10 years, then Palm for ~5 years. The switch from Psion to Palm was quite energy and time consuming, to convert all the data, find the new apps for my taste, and just tailor the device to my own needs.

Thanks!