View Single Post
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
1. Tmo does not care if you have an unlocked phone. They have a support team that deals with unlocked devices- in regards to set-up for service, but not direct device / hardware support.

2. I posted last week that a Nokia rep was in a store in my area and he pointed out that Nokia pushed for the N900 to be part of Tmo's portfolio, but Tmo does not want to subsidize or support an unlocked phone beyond CS calls for service set-up. He also mentioned that Tmo does not want the N900 due to it price point.

Funny thing is the guy was not at the Tmo store for business reasons, but visiting a friend there. The friend is a neighbor of mine- small world.
1. if tmo offered the n900 it wouldn't be unlocked i'm sure they would lock the subsudized version to there network.
2. price. the n900 price is not inline with several other top end phones they have so i doubt it's price either

i have talked to a couple of ppl from tmo from corporate stores and they all say they will get the n900 in the spring. which makes sense. it gives nokia time to work out some bugs and tmo is known for being slow in bringing in new phones. but also remember tmo is going away from subsidized phones alltogether. so your better off just buying the phone straight out.