View Single Post
My Palm is a T3, not a Treo, so I don't make calls with it. (Although the voip app I installed worked suprisingly well. But the wi-fi card doesn't work anymore so it would have to be over BT anyway.)

And I don't carry just two devices.. I carry two phones (one of them is now the N900), one N800, one Palm. And soon also a Pandora. The idea of getting the N900 was as a compromise device, if I can't or won't take my jacket with all its convenient pockets then I let the other phone transfer calls to the N900 and bring the N900 only.

I'm still reading emails on my N800, because it's got mail programs which can download headers only (the current N900 email program can't do this). When there's no wi-fi I go online via the N900, that works perfect now with the availability of the bluetooth-dun package. I also still use the OS2007 Opera browser on the N800 for things that are harder to do well with the N900 browser. And it's got a larger screen.

I always bring the Palm at work, because of the TimeSheet PalmOS program. This one, admittedly, works just fine also in GVM on the Nokia tablets, but as I'm also depending on the Palm Calendar I can as well use it for TimeSheet too. And in any case I don't like to depend on an application that (currently) has to be upgraded and re-installed once or twice a year (GVM is currently time-limited).

(As you may understand I would be first in line to buy a version of the N900 with dual SIM functionality, i.e. two phones in one, like some of the Samsung phones).

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post: