View Single Post
Here is a little project of mine which I did for two reasons. I wanted to learn C++/Qt and I needed a countdown timer. Initially I had no intentions to release this app, but now that it's almost ready, I thought someone else mind find it useful too.

Basically it is a simple countdown timer with 1 second precision that can countdown all the way from 60 minutes (60 minutes and 59 seconds to be precise ). It has 4 customisable buttons for preset times in addition to the normal + and - dials.

I still have some issues and I would appreciate any help.

1. SOLVED Sound doesn't work. EDIT: Using Phonon instead of QSound now.

2. SOLVED EDIT: This issue is only present when doing a run with MADDE. Once the app is properly installed there is no issue.
I can't access the /home/user/MyDocs/.sounds directory with native dialog. With the following setting it works, but that dialog is not very finger friendly:
Code:
QFileDialog::DontUseNativeDialog
3. SOLVED I still have not figured out how to make a Debian package which includes a shortcut to the app.

4. SOLVED How to optify this app.

5. DONE Thanks to Juxxxer! And finally, could someone please make an icon for this app. I absolutely stink with anything that requires even only very basic drawing skills.

Countdwon Timer is now available in Extras-Devel.

Here are the source files.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sasler; 2010-01-13 at 18:53. Reason: Updated to the latest status

The Following User Says Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post: