View Single Post
I tested your newest version in extras testing (0.3) and I had problems with it needing to uninstall it in the end. On install I noticed you added a new package, ogg-support. I then loaded a few ogg files and tested it out. The media player recognized them properly and played them alright although it took a while for them to start playing. The problem began when I tried to seek within an ogg track, causing the media player to bug out. The media player tried to seek but just returns the marker back to time 0:00. As of result, no other media is able to be played including MP3's or Movies. You select a different track (mp3) but nothing happens. You press play/pause but it does not start the music.

After this I rebooted my N900 only to find it very sluggish. Sliding between desktops was VERY choppy. The whole system/ui seemed to stutter alot and it was very noticeable during UI transitions. Even playing games such as Bounce or SuperTux which ran perfectly before became choppy now. I checked top in xterm and in Conky to see if there was something eating up cpu cycles but everything seemed normal on idle. I went on and uninstalled decoders support, rebooted the device and all was fine. Because of this I am reluctant to give it a thumbs down on the extras page.

Last edited by jessi3k3; 2010-01-05 at 06:51.