View Single Post
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
they is a funny snobbery on these boards against the iphone- its quite funny..

"In any case I dont believe HTC, Apple, google is any match for Nokia hardware or software wise. They only excel at HYPE marketing and branding. Nokia does real research and has the patents to prove it."

lol could you honestly honestly advise the masses to get any nokia over an iphone- seriously, what would average joe or even someone that wants alot out of there phone(mms/email/gps/games).

i love the nokia but lets get real here, the difference isnt marketing its function
Of course I'll advice a lot of people to buy e.g. the Nokia 5800XM over the iPhone for a number of reason, cost, openess, great sound quality, flash in camera, flash support in browser, build quality and most of all functionality. A lot of feature / dumb phone users expect to be able to transfer files via bluetooth, plug in their phone to any computer and easily add mp3 by drag and drop (no iTunes), run Nimbuzz and other apps in the background, run Java apps, GPS Nav with stored maps; a lot of users actually like the idea of setting their own ringtone, wall paper, theme i.e. general customisation. I could go on and on but I guess I've made my point. There is more to functionality than seductive UI.

So yes Apple is big on HYPE marketing (here in the UK, the iPhone has seen more TV time than all of Nokia smartphones put together) and branding plus spiced up UI. Nokia is big on function. Yes they need to improve usability, but if the stats are anything to go by, 100s of millions of users prefer its function over form - and not having to pay an arm and a leg for it .

I dont even need to advice anyone as the masses are buying the Nokia 5800XM in droves. Its the biggest selling smartphone in the UK and the top music player (as at April 2009).

Dont get carried away by the HYPE tsunami.

Next ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Enyibinakata For This Useful Post: