View Single Post
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Ads View Post
Well done for this again. I need to try have afiddle around with this again as I don't think anyone else has reported problems - so hopefully it was something else I was doing. But basically I installed this and on enabling the transmitter, the N900 completely froze. After about 30 seconds and still no response, I decided to try turn it off. When holding the power button down it did restart itself. Going near the transmitter caused things to slow down - but it did work.

After a full reboot (me switching it off then on) it seemed a lot better, but I still believe it was slower - maybe I'm just paranoid though!
I managed to call Nokia in the end and apparently my UK device is actually for the Netherlands and I therefore need to send it in to get replaced once more! Though I am wondering whether to just use this fix instead and keep it.

I uninstalled it in the end as I needed to speak with Nokia about the disabled FM transmitter fault (being a [supposedly] UK device).
When I get a chance, I'll see if the problem crops up again on reinstalling - or if it was a one off!

Just so you know - I'm far from dissing this - I just thought I'd give the feedback from my situation. This has been a lot better help than Nokia!
Not trying to avert the blame from me or fmtx-faker, but if you were able to bring up the control panel applet to enable the transmitter, FMTX Faker has done its job.

FMTX Faker does not do anything other than return a value telling the fmtx daemon that the transmitter is enabled; it does modify fmtxd to get that value from my daemon, but it does not interfere in how fmtxd actually uses the transmitter.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post: