View Single Post
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
I'm interested.. What did you like about it?

}:^)~
Navigation with the voice feature is even more useful/polished than I noticed from the promo/youtube videos. I'd call it night & day between that an OVI maps, but even that would be a gross understatement.

The form factor is PERFECT. Granted there is no hardware keyboard, so it's going to be significantly smaller. But the screen seems to dominate the front. The bezels (or whatever they're called) on the n900 are noticeably large on the n900 next to it). Granted, there is no front camera, but right now it serves no purpose on my n900 either

I actually liked the trackball, too. I found myself using that almost as much as the screen (which was also VERY responsive being capacitive--Yes, i know there are resistive advantages, too, but the UI was so fast compared to the hildon-desktop).

I did realize how much I like the slide cover on the n900, though. And the dedicated camera button is also appreciated. I'm sure I'd eventually get frustrated by the lack of hardware buttons for particular tasks (read: emulators), but for general use, it looked great. That's why if they can improve on this with a hardware keyboard that doesn't fatten it up like a freshman living next door to a McDonald's, it's going to enter the "serious consideration" range.

Now, if we can get a nice navigation app (with turn-by-turn, of course) and make the UI feel that fast (Maemo 6 better be ported, as i LOVE Qt in general)... then I will be reswooning over my n900 i'm sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to twoboxen For This Useful Post: